Tuesday 19 April 2016

Risk Assessment

Oncoming traffic: I will make sure I am aware of any oncoming vehicles, particularly when it comes to my actor's safety and the safety of myself. Not only this, but equipment could be damaged which would cost a lot of money to replace. This means that I will take extra care in being aware of any cars coming towards me, and make sure that I know how to quickly move equipment, in particular without damaging it.

Falling over cattle grid: As I am filming on the Beverley Westwood, there is a cattle grid that id necessary to walk over to actually get to the specific place that I am filming. This therefore means that it is very easy to fall through the gaps and cause what could be a very severe injury. To overcome this, I will make sure that both my artists and I wear sensible footwear to cross and make sure that, if the weather is bad, we walk over slowly and carefully.

Noise: As the Beverley Westwood is a quiet area, it would be unethical to make a lot of noise, particularly in the place that I am filming in - it is an extremely quiet area where many elderly people live, and therefore it would be unfair to make a lot of noise. So that this does not happen, I will make sure that the volume of the music is kept to a minimum and both my artists and I do not make more noise than we need to. I will also only film in short sections, so therefore, if any noise is made or needs to be made, it is not constant and not disturbing anyone.

Cows: The Westwood is full of cows. Cows can be very dangerous if provoked or a lot of noise is made around them, meaning that serious injuries can occur. To make sure that this does not happen, I have chosen and are that is only home to a few cows, and I will film a good and safe distance away from the cows so as not to annoy or provoke them with the music I am playing. I will also make sure I am fully aware of where the cows are at all times, so that both my artists and I are safe.

General public: As the Westwood is a public area, it is likely that the general public will be walking about, particularly as I am shooting during the daytime. I will make sure that I do not disturb them if they wanted a day out, and will make sure that I do not get them in any of my shots, as I have had no permission to do this. I will therefore make sure that, if they do end up appearing in the shot, to re film that particular section of my music video. This will also make my video look more thought out.

Filming on the floor: As I have many low angle shots, I will be filming on the floor. This means that there is the opportunity for minor injuries such as grazes to occur. To overcome this, I will make sure that I am careful when I am filming, and also make sure that I don't have bare knees, as it will be more likely that an injury will occur if I am not wearing trousers.

Dancing on mud: Throughout my video, my actor's have to both dance and head bang on mud. Particularly if it has been raining the day before, the mud will be wet and will likely cause a hazard in the way that, if my actor's are not careful, they will fall and likely injure themselves. To make sure this doesn't happen, I will both make sure that my actor's are safe and take care of themselves when I am filming them dancing, and also possibly choose a different location if I find that it is too dangerous to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment