Wednesday 20 April 2016

Evaluation Question 3: What have you learned from my audience feedback?

After completing my final draft of my music video, I decided to share it on Facebook so that I could get feedback from a variety of different people. I was actually quite surprised that I got the response I did, especially considering that, due to illness, I was not up to scratch with my time management.

Posting the draft of my music video on Facebook for audience feedback meant that it allowed me to get a range of responses, and this was down to the fact that I have friends of all different ages on there. By doing this, I learnt that, in actual fact, most of my friends did actually like the video, however, not only this, but posting it on Facebook allowed me to get the feedback that I really needed, i.e. what I should do to improve if I were to create my product again.

Most comments posted were very positive, with people saying that they "Really liked it" and "The storyline is really good" etc, and I found that comments on what I should improve on were helpful too. My audience feedback allowed me to take any improvements into consideration, and these improvements manly included things like making sure I wasn't filming facing the sun due to the glare it gave my characters a glare behind them, causing them to seem blurred in some shots. Not only this, but the feedback I got told me that, if I were to do it again, I should include some props, i.e. a guitar etc. This was, in fact something that I was planning on doing throughout my video and, when I first filmed, I did include a guitar in my shots. However, due to the person I was borrowing the guitar from being inconsistent when it came to giving me the guitar to film with, I decided that I was better off not using the guitar at all instead of only using it in some shots, meaning that there would be more continuity throughout my product.

Overall, from the feedback that I got on Facebook, I believe that most of my friends, of all genders and ages, really did enjoy watching my music video.

I also uploaded my poster, however, so I could get a different sort of feedback, I uploaded it into a group chat that I am part of. This chat has both boys and girls in, and there is a typical age range of about 15-23 years (this age group was more my target audience, meaning that I would bet more relevant feedback). The group also consists of both males and females, meaning that I would get a wider range of results than only putting it into my college group chat, for example, which consists of only one male, and then seven females.

As stated in question 2, I could not decide upon which photo of my actor, Dan, to use. Therefore putting it into the group chat gave me guidance as to which photo was more popular and therefore eye catching. In the end, most members stated that they liked to photo of Dan looking to the side more than the image in which he is singing. When asked why this was the case, most stated the fact that it looked more professional that way, and some said that it was more obvious what genre the song was, due to the fact that his leather jacket and black top could be seen more prominently than in the other image.



I also devised a Survey Monkey in the way that I asked 15 questions to anonymous people. When going through my emails, Survey Monkey told me I had 6 responses to my survey, however, when physically going on the site, no responses were present. This meant that I had to type my questions up into a questionnaire and hand them into 3 boys and 3 girls whom I did not know and ask for their opinions on my music video. I will display my results below, and discuss why these people answered like they did.















No comments:

Post a Comment